- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Kluesner, Stoverink team for horseshoe win
LEOPOLD, Mo. -- Jake Kluesner and Edgar Stoverink teamed to win the Southeast Missouri Horseshoe Association event Sunday at the Knights of Columbus Hall.
Cori Stoverink and Junior Smith were second among 19 teams. Mark Stause and Rick Garland were third.
Central sports begin practice Monday
Central High School will begin practices and tryouts Monday for all its fall sports teams.
Meeting places and times are: Football, 4 p.m. at the junior high; volleyball, 4 p.m. at the high school; softball, 4 p.m. at Arena Park; cross country, 3:30 p.m. at the junior high; boys soccer, 3:30 p.m. at the high school; girls tennis, 3:45 p.m. at the high school.
All athletes must have signed physical forms and proof of insurance to participate. For information, call the CHS athletic office at 335-8467.
Central meeting, Mom's Clinic scheduled
Central High School football coaches will hold a parents meeting Sunday in the gymnasium from 4 to 5:15 p.m.
The school will host its annual Mom's Football Clinic Aug. 16 from 9 to 11 a.m. at the junior high fieldhouse and practice field.
ND, St. Vincent win city volleyball league titles
Notre Dame won the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department's high school varsity league title last week with a win over Jackson in the final.
Notre Dame defeated Leopold and Advance in earlier games. Advance defeated Puxico for third place.
St. Vincent won the junior varsity title over Jackson. Meadow Heights took third over Advance.
-- From staff reports