- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
STURDIVANT, Mo. -- Mary E. Hamlin, 92, of Troy, Mo., formerly of Sturdivant, died Tuesday, July 25, 2006, at Troy Manor in Troy.
She was born Dec. 19, 1913, in Bollinger County, Mo., daughter of George and Elmine Welker Moore. She and Paul M. Hamlin were married Nov. 1, 1933, at Kennett, Mo. He died Aug. 18, 1996.
Survivors include five sons, Jim Hamlin of Wappapello, Mo., Jerry Hamlin of Advance, Mo., Bill Hamlin of Moro, Ill., Mike Hamlin of O'Fallon, Mo., Tom Hamlin of Fredericktown, Mo.; a daughter, Pam Brenker of St. Charles, Mo.; a sister, Mabel Miller of Cape Girardeau; 27 grandchildren; 41 great-grandchildren; and eight great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four daughters, a son, three brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Luther Rhodes officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park in Advance.