- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
Kids in streets are safety concern
To the editor:
I have recently noticed younger children in the streets of south Cape Girardeau. I have also failed to notice street signs that read "Caution: Children at play." I also fail to notice policing in this area.
I am a cautious driver. However, not everyone is a cautious driver. These children are unsupervised. Some are supervised by siblings not much older than they are.
Some of these children barely clear the bumper of my car. There are times I see or hear cars driving fast through these neighborhoods. This is not a good mixture.
There needs to be more caution signs posted as well as more patrols. There also needs to be more action taken toward the parents or guardians of these neglected children in form of fines, penalties and education.
MARTIN WERNER, Cape Girardeau