- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)4
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Business notebook: Plastics firm moves to area to help laid-off workers (06/20/16)1
Kids in streets are safety concern
To the editor:
I have recently noticed younger children in the streets of south Cape Girardeau. I have also failed to notice street signs that read "Caution: Children at play." I also fail to notice policing in this area.
I am a cautious driver. However, not everyone is a cautious driver. These children are unsupervised. Some are supervised by siblings not much older than they are.
Some of these children barely clear the bumper of my car. There are times I see or hear cars driving fast through these neighborhoods. This is not a good mixture.
There needs to be more caution signs posted as well as more patrols. There also needs to be more action taken toward the parents or guardians of these neglected children in form of fines, penalties and education.
MARTIN WERNER, Cape Girardeau