- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Jumbo size: Rhodes 101 sets a world record with 15-foot, 4,700 gallon drinking cup (8/21/17)3
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Unions deliver signatures to block right-to-work in Missouri (8/20/17)40
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Execution looms for inmate killer
RICHMOND, Va. -- Barring intervention from the U.S. Supreme Court or Gov. Timothy M. Kaine, a man who killed a fellow inmate during a pagan ceremony will be executed today.
Michael Lenz, 42, is scheduled to die by injection at 9 p.m. at the Greensville Correctional Center in Jarratt for the murder of 41-year-old Brent Parker.