- Updated: Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/21/16)4
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
Execution looms for inmate killer
RICHMOND, Va. -- Barring intervention from the U.S. Supreme Court or Gov. Timothy M. Kaine, a man who killed a fellow inmate during a pagan ceremony will be executed today.
Michael Lenz, 42, is scheduled to die by injection at 9 p.m. at the Greensville Correctional Center in Jarratt for the murder of 41-year-old Brent Parker.