- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Tractors owners to open restaurant in new Drury Plaza Hotel (5/15/17)
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Attorney general to review request to probe Oran timecard allegations; claims spark denials on Facebook (5/16/17)2
- Man accused of using stolen RV to break into airport (5/16/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
Execution looms for inmate killer
RICHMOND, Va. -- Barring intervention from the U.S. Supreme Court or Gov. Timothy M. Kaine, a man who killed a fellow inmate during a pagan ceremony will be executed today.
Michael Lenz, 42, is scheduled to die by injection at 9 p.m. at the Greensville Correctional Center in Jarratt for the murder of 41-year-old Brent Parker.