- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Woman charged with trying to force child to smoke marijuana
MACON, Mo. -- A mid-Missouri woman faces charges for allegedly trying to force her 3-year-old child to smoke marijuana.
Thea Allen, 18, of Macon, was charged last week with distributing a controlled substance to a minor, and two felony counts of endangering the welfare of a child.
The Macon Chronicle-Herald reported that three witnesses told police that Allen kicked the child last week, then tried to force the child to smoke a marijuana cigarettes.