- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Area sports digest 7/25/06
Driskell places seventh at amateur golf tourney
Blake Driskell of Cape Girardeau recently placed seventh in the Missouri Amateur Stroke Play Championship at the Meadowbrook Country Club in Ballwin, Mo.
Driskell finished with a 3-over-par 291 total (73-71-74-73) over four rounds on the par 72 layout July 19 to 21. He was nine strokes behind the winning score of 282 posted by John Kelly.
Ben Brumitt, a former Poplar Bluff High School golfer who now attends Southeast Missouri State University, tied for 22nd at 301 (72-78-78-73).
Missouri Amateur Champion Ben Godwin of Poplar Bluff was another seven stroke back at 308.
Stoverink, Mosse win horseshoe competition
Cori Stoverink and Mike Mosse teamed up to win the Southeast Missouri Horseshoe Association event Sunday at the Knights of Columbus in Jackson.
Sally Broughton and Terri Rose placed second, while Ron LeGrand and Kitty Prindle finished third.
In the event July 16 at the Knights of Columbus in Oran, Mo., the team of Darren Glastetter and Martin Williams placed first. Rose Kern and Rick Garland finished second, while Stoverink and Prindle were third.
The next event is 1 p.m. Sunday at the American Legion in Benton, Mo.
-- From staff reports