- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
One sentenced, another pleads guilty to child molestation
One man was sentenced and another pleaded guilty Monday to child molestation charges.
Scott A. Spreitler, 43, of Perryville, Mo., received a 12-year sentence when he appeared before Circuit Court Judge Benjamin Lewis.
Spreitler pleaded guilty last month to fondling a 5-year-old boy May 15 in Cape Girardeau.
The molestation occurred while the boy was in the same bed as Spreitler, who was having sex with a woman at the time, according to a news release from the Cape Girardeau Prosecuting Attorney's Office. He claimed the molestation happened while he was under the influence of alcohol, marijuana and pain pills, the release stated.
In another, unrelated case before Lewis on Monday, Daniel K. Kreiter, 43, of 137 S. Spanish St., pleaded guilty to child molestation.
He was accused of fondling a 10-year-old girl, who is a relative, on or about Dec. 1 in Cape Girardeau.
Lewis scheduled Kreiter to be sentenced Aug. 28. He could receive between 5 and 15 years in prison for the conviction. Prosecutors recommended a sentence of 10 years imprisonment, according to the news release.