- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Mary Lou Henson, 76, of Patton died Saturday, July 22, 2006, at the Arbors at Auburn Creek in Cape Girardeau.
She was born April 22, 1930, in Sedgewickville, Mo., daughter of Ellis and Bessie Miinch Bollinger. She and Loyd "Pete" Henson were married Aug. 30, 1948, and he died on Feb. 14, 1996.
Henson worked for many years as a secretary for the Home Oil Company in Lutesville, Mo., and was a member of the Mount Carmel Missionary Baptist Church near Patton.
Survivors include a son, Kenny Henson of Elmhurst, Ill.; three daughters, Connie McCormack of Troy, Mo., Terry Hutson of Patton and Susie Toia of Blue Springs, Mo.; a sister, Evelyn Whipple of Wallula, Wa.; five grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister.
Friends may call from noon to 1 p.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Patton.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. today at the funeral home with the Rev. Mark Lincoln officiating. Burial will be in Patton Cemetery.