- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Helen J. Brown, 72, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, July 22, 2006, at her home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Jan. 13, 1934, in Bowling Green, Ky., daughter of Roy J. and Judy Pettis Lober. She and Howard G. Brown were married Jan. 2, 1954, in Charleston, Mo.
Brown was a graduate of Charleston High School and attended the University of Missouri. She formerly worked at Sears in Cape Girardeau and was a member of Maple United Methodist Church.
Survivors include her husband, Howard Brown of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Rita Schoenberg of Kirkwood, Mo. and a brother, Ronald Lober of St. Peters, Mo.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
Funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home with the Rev. Jim Cooper officiating. Burial will be at Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.