- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)4
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)16
Jewel Armstrong James, 85, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, July 18, 2006, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Feb. 19, 1921, in Courtland, Miss.
James moved from Hayti to Cape Girardeau in 1997 and was a volunteer at the Salvation Army with "Meals with Friends."
Survivors include a sister, Lucy Diggs and a niece, Doris Atkinson.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. to noon Tuesday at Ford and Sons Sprigg St. Funeral Home.
Funeral will be at noon Tuesday at the funeral home with the Rev. Cecil B. Thomas officiating. Burial will be at Fairmount Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.