- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Cape Chinese restaurant purchases old Ponderosa property in Perryville (10/10/17)
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Ships to stay docked in Cape a week longer (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Scott City council passes measures to block treatment plant project (10/10/17)1
Send a message about immorality
To the editor:
Many people think we can fix the problems in this country by changing presidents or Congress. That idea is time tested, and it has failed miserably. The Bible is clear. Human life is most precious to the Lord than anything. Now we vote for our candidates based political party and forget about the Bible.
There is more than one issue: abortion, euthanasia, human cloning, protecting the sanctity of marriage to name four. We need to send a message at the ballot box. If a candidate knows he will be defeated by supporting these immoral issues, he will never support them again. This will have a domino effect throughout all facets of government.
Why should we do this? Read 2 Chronicles 36:14-23. In this passage, Jerusalem is filled with immorality upon immorality like the U.S. is becoming. When the Lord could not stand it anymore, Babylon came and destroyed the people. Does Babylon sound familiar? History does not repeat itself but it does rhyme. Do you get the picture? We need to fight back on the immorality in our country and have blind faith in the Lord for our future. Many Bible scholars say this, and I agree.
As much as I love this country, if we allow this immorality to continue to spread and allow what we have to continue, we will follow the same fate as God's people in Chronicles 36.
GERARD MACKE, Leopold, Mo.