- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Hamlin wins pole at Pocono
LONG POND, Pa. -- Denny Hamlin is the new driver to beat at Pocono Raceway, proving that Friday by winning the pole at the track where he scored his first career victory.
Hamlin, who won here last month, made his qualifying lap very late in the session with Ryan Newman and Kasey Kahne sitting on top of the chart. But he posted a lap at 169.827 mph to grab the pole.
Hamlin heads into Sunday's race 12th in the standings, just 18 points out of the top 10.
Newman was second with a lap at 169.418 mph. Kahne was third and was followed by Hendrick Motorsports teammates Brian Vickers and Jeff Gordon.
Jeff Burton, Kurt Busch, Kyle Busch, Scott Riggs and Joe Nemechek round out the top 10.