- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Deputy injured after stolen vehicle strikes police cruiser
Sikeston -- A Scott County sheriff's deputy was taken by air ambulance to St. Louis for treatment Monday after his car was struck by a vehicle reported as stolen in Minnesota, Scott County assistant prosecuting attorney Dana Weis said.
Eric G. Swanson, 37, of Albany, Minn., was charged with Class A felony assault on a law enforcement officer. Swanson is accused of driving his vehicle into the back of deputy Dane Stausing's patrol car while driving northbound on U.S. 61 just after 3 p.m. Monday.
Stausing was attempting to block Swanson's car when he was pushed off the road.
Swanson was also charged with armed criminal action.
Swanson's companion in the car, Crystal S. Victorian, 24, of Glencore, Minn., was charged with Class B felony assault on a law enforcement officer.
Both Swanson and Victorian were being held without bond, Weis said.