- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Robert F. "Chief" Welborn, 65, of Columbus, Ohio, died Wednesday, July 5, 2006, at the home of a son in Chaffee.
He was born April 6, 1941, in Chicago, son of Wayman Leroy Welborn and Marion Helen Stonequiest. He was raised by Wayman and Yvonne Welborn.
Welborn was manager/supervisor of Hamilton Creek Apartment Complex. He was a member of the Native American Indian Center of Central Ohio.
Survivors include two sons, Robert J. Welborn of St. Louis, William Scott Welborn of Chaffee; five daughters, Barbara Welborn of St. Charles, Mo., Brenda Stone of Cape Girardeau, Stacey Bryant of Morley, Mo., Sharlene Cahill of Chaffee, Marion Welborn of Columbus; both mothers; two brothers, Billy Welborn of Columbus, Leroy Welborn of Harrisburg, Ill.; a sister, Sharon Quatrochi of New Rochelle, N.Y.; and eight grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his father, a son and a brother.
A graveside service will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday at Pleasant Grove United Methodist Church Cemetery in Purdue, Ill.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee is in charge of arrangements.