- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Robert F. "Chief" Welborn, 65, of Columbus, Ohio, died Wednesday, July 5, 2006, at the home of a son in Chaffee.
He was born April 6, 1941, in Chicago, son of Wayman Leroy Welborn and Marion Helen Stonequiest. He was raised by Wayman and Yvonne Welborn.
Welborn was manager/supervisor of Hamilton Creek Apartment Complex. He was a member of the Native American Indian Center of Central Ohio.
Survivors include two sons, Robert J. Welborn of St. Louis, William Scott Welborn of Chaffee; five daughters, Barbara Welborn of St. Charles, Mo., Brenda Stone of Cape Girardeau, Stacey Bryant of Morley, Mo., Sharlene Cahill of Chaffee, Marion Welborn of Columbus; both mothers; two brothers, Billy Welborn of Columbus, Leroy Welborn of Harrisburg, Ill.; a sister, Sharon Quatrochi of New Rochelle, N.Y.; and eight grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his father, a son and a brother.
A graveside service will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday at Pleasant Grove United Methodist Church Cemetery in Purdue, Ill.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee is in charge of arrangements.