- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Mary Verline Mattingly, 85, of Cape Girardeau passed away Saturday, July 8, 2006, at Ratliff Care Center.
She was born Feb. 10, 1921, in Perry County, Mo., daughter of Vincent and Rosella Gibbar Mattingly.
Mary worked as a nurse's aide at Shriner's Hospital in St. Louis. She was a long-time member of West End Church of Christ in Cape Girardeau.
Loving survivors include a son, Paul David Mattingly of Cape Girardeau; three brothers, Elvin and Cullen Mattingly of St. Mary, Mo., Bert Mattingly of Perryville, Mo.; and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by four brothers and three sisters.
A memorial service will be held Thursday at 6 p.m. at West End Church of Christ.
Expressions of sympathy may take the form of contributions to West End Church of Christ, 328 S. West End Boulevard., Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63703.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family on-line at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.