- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
MORLEY, Mo. -- Berlin Dewayne Newell, 57, of Vienna, Va., died Thursday, June 29, 2006, at his home.
He was born Sept. 27, 1948, in Sikeston, Mo., son of Berlin C. and Ida Arzella Newell. He married Patricia Diamanti.
Newell was formerly of Pekin, Ill., and Morley. He was a graduate of Pekin Community High School and a member of Liberty Baptist Church in Pekin.
He served in the U.S. Marine Corps during the Vietnam War.
Survivors include his wife; two brothers, Gary Newell of New Mexico and James Newell of Louisiana.
He was preceded in death by a son and his parents.
No service is planned.
Money and King Vienna Funeral Home handled the arrangements.
Announcement courtesy of Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee, Mo.