- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
LaVada A. Clements, 72, of Jackson died Monday, July 10, 2006, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Sept. 20, 1933, in Oak Ridge, daughter of Andrew and Coletta Westrich Seyer. She and Elmer Clements were married Nov. 25, 1962, in Jackson.
Clements was a lifetime member of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church.
Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Cathy Cain of Tamms, Ill., Helen Crank of St. Charles, Mo.; three brothers, Lester Seyer and Andrew Seyer Jr. of Oak Ridge, Charles Seyer of Jackson; three sisters, Viola Kirchdoerfer and Jo Ann Clements of Jackson, and Rose Helen Pair of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by a brother and a sister.
Friends may call Wednesday from 4 to 8 p.m. at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
Parish prayers will be at 7, followed by the rosary.
Funeral Mass will be Thursday at 10 a.m. at Immaculate Conception Church, with the Rev. Oliver Clavin officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.