- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Charles "C.F." Jordan, 81, of Advance died Monday, July 10, 2006, at his home.
He was born Dec. 5, 1924, at Painton, Mo., son of Albert and Connie Bass Jordan.
Charles was a barber in the Advance area more than 46 years. He was a veteran of the U.S. Navy serving in World War II.
Charles and Goldia Russell were married Nov. 23, 1949, in Anna, Ill.
Survivors include his wife; a son and daughter-in-law, Steve and Danielle Jordan of Advance; a stepdaughter, Dixie South of Enfield, Ill.; two brothers, A.J. Jordan and Alfred Jordan of Advance; two sisters, Maxine Dickerson and Geneva Bandy of St. Louis; four granddaughters, Amanda Brooks and husband Scott of Advance, Miranda, Stephania and Samantha Jordan, all of Advance; five stepgrandchildren, John Strickland of Springerton, Ill., Rick South, Gene South, Carl South and Diane Berry, all of Enfield.
He was preceded in death by a stepdaughter, three sisters and a brother.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jimmy Matthews officiating. Burial will be in Missouri State Veterans Cemetery at Bloomfield, Mo.