- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Jackson, Notre Dame top students recognized
JACKSON HIGH SCHOOL
Valedictorian: Lauren Michelle Law
Parents -- Dave and Laura Law
Clubs/Activities -- FBLA co-president, chamber choir, choir council, National Honor Society president, Peer Tutors president, Fruitland 4-H vice president, Hi-Step, Junior Rotarians
Post High School Plans -- Vanderbilt University
Greatest High School Achievement -- Being twice named to the Missouri All-State Choir and having the opportunity to perform beautiful music with the most dedicated and talented vocalists from across Missouri
Favorite Quote -- "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
Salutatorian: Heather O'Connor
Parents -- Linda Donaldson and the late Mike O'Connor
Clubs/Activities -- Cross Country, ACES, FBLA, Track, FTA, Spanish Club, Health Careers Club
Post-high school plans -- Pre-med at Southeast Missouri State University
Greatest high school achievement -- Graduating.
NOTRE DAME REGIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
Valedictorian: John Kiblinger
Parents -- Mark and Debbie Kiblinger.
Clubs/activities -- National Honor Society, International Thespian Society, FBLA, swim team.
Post high school plans -- University of Missouri-Rolla, majoring in mechanical engineering.
Favorite quote -- "Life is simple: You make choices and you never look back."
Salutatorian: Adam Reinagel
Parents -- Ron and Lori Reinagel
Clubs/activities -- National Honor Society, International Thespian Society, FBLA, Tri-M music honor society, student council, class president, Scholar Bowl, Peer Helpers, cross country and swim team, Blue Crew, fall play and spring musicals.
Post high school plans -- Missouri State University with a major in biology and emphasis in premed.
Greatest high school achievement -- Attending the Kairos retreat and gaining a strong faith in God.
Favorite quote -- "Live every day to the fullest."