- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Area golf digest 7/3/06
Bent Creek announces first half champions
The team of Keith Quade, Bill King, Carl Knott, Don Henley, Rob Trankler, Craig Pecaut, Bob Meterra and Rick Pecaut captured the first-half championship in the men's golf league at Bent Creek Golf Course.
The team of Donnie Chester, Chris Connelly, Jeff Appleman, Todd Koch, Richie Phillips, Chris Garland, Kenny Jones and Doug Koch placed second; and the team of Dave Sides, Jeff Ernst, Curt Buchheit, Chuck Bradford, Chuck Williams, Mike Johnson and Mike Umfleet placed third.
McDowells, Seabaughs win couples scramble
The team of Mark and Christy McDowell and Ron and Phyllis Seabaugh scored a 61 to win the championship flight of the couples four-person scramble at Dalhousie Golf Club on Sunday.
The McDowells and Seabaughs also had the tournaments low putts at 21.
The team of Mark and Becky Unger and Cord and Ann Dombrowski finished second with a 63. Ann Dombrowski was closest to the hole on No. 8.
In the A flight, Leon and Mary Jane Eftink and Hugh and Linda Tewis placed first at 64. Leon Eftink was closest to the pin on No. 5, while Hugh Tewis was closest on Nos. 11 and 13.
The team of Lyle and Robin Davis and Ken and Kristen Asher finished second at 66.
-- From staff reports