- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Area golf digest 7/3/06
Bent Creek announces first half champions
The team of Keith Quade, Bill King, Carl Knott, Don Henley, Rob Trankler, Craig Pecaut, Bob Meterra and Rick Pecaut captured the first-half championship in the men's golf league at Bent Creek Golf Course.
The team of Donnie Chester, Chris Connelly, Jeff Appleman, Todd Koch, Richie Phillips, Chris Garland, Kenny Jones and Doug Koch placed second; and the team of Dave Sides, Jeff Ernst, Curt Buchheit, Chuck Bradford, Chuck Williams, Mike Johnson and Mike Umfleet placed third.
McDowells, Seabaughs win couples scramble
The team of Mark and Christy McDowell and Ron and Phyllis Seabaugh scored a 61 to win the championship flight of the couples four-person scramble at Dalhousie Golf Club on Sunday.
The McDowells and Seabaughs also had the tournaments low putts at 21.
The team of Mark and Becky Unger and Cord and Ann Dombrowski finished second with a 63. Ann Dombrowski was closest to the hole on No. 8.
In the A flight, Leon and Mary Jane Eftink and Hugh and Linda Tewis placed first at 64. Leon Eftink was closest to the pin on No. 5, while Hugh Tewis was closest on Nos. 11 and 13.
The team of Lyle and Robin Davis and Ken and Kristen Asher finished second at 66.
-- From staff reports