- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Nation briefs 7/3/06
Car plows into crowd at Indiana boat race
MADISON, Ind. -- A car plowed into a crowd Sunday at a speedboat race on the Ohio River, sending as many as a dozen people to a hospital, according to reports. The car plunged into the river and the Madison Regatta was halted, The Madison Courier reported. Madison police Capt. Dan Stephan told The Courier-Journal of Louisville, Ky., that the driver said he had passed out at the wheel.
Weather forces second delay for shuttle
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- Stormy weather prevented NASA from launching Discovery for the second day in a row Sunday. Launch officials said they would try again Tuesday, on the Fourth of July, after giving the work force some rest and a chance to replenish the shuttle's on-board fuel.
Woman wrestles grenade from man
TUCSON, Ariz. -- A stranger walked up to a woman in her front yard, pulled the safety pin on a grenade and told her that she and her family were going to die. Luckily, the grenade's explosive charge had been removed. But the victims didn't know it at the time. The woman grabbed the grenade and held down the arming lever so it could not fly off and ignite the fuse, while her son and his cousin wrestled the man to the ground as another family member called 911. Police arrived to find the boys wrestling with the man, 38-year-old Edward D. Otero, whom deputies had to subdue before handcuffing him.
-- From wire reports