- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)9
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Nation briefs 7/3/06
Car plows into crowd at Indiana boat race
MADISON, Ind. -- A car plowed into a crowd Sunday at a speedboat race on the Ohio River, sending as many as a dozen people to a hospital, according to reports. The car plunged into the river and the Madison Regatta was halted, The Madison Courier reported. Madison police Capt. Dan Stephan told The Courier-Journal of Louisville, Ky., that the driver said he had passed out at the wheel.
Weather forces second delay for shuttle
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- Stormy weather prevented NASA from launching Discovery for the second day in a row Sunday. Launch officials said they would try again Tuesday, on the Fourth of July, after giving the work force some rest and a chance to replenish the shuttle's on-board fuel.
Woman wrestles grenade from man
TUCSON, Ariz. -- A stranger walked up to a woman in her front yard, pulled the safety pin on a grenade and told her that she and her family were going to die. Luckily, the grenade's explosive charge had been removed. But the victims didn't know it at the time. The woman grabbed the grenade and held down the arming lever so it could not fly off and ignite the fuse, while her son and his cousin wrestled the man to the ground as another family member called 911. Police arrived to find the boys wrestling with the man, 38-year-old Edward D. Otero, whom deputies had to subdue before handcuffing him.
-- From wire reports