- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
People on the move 07/02/06
Top performers in Mary Kay honored
Mary Kay future executive senior sales director Jana Jateff of Cape Girardeau recently honored her top quarterly performers at a dinner in Sikeston, Mo. Those honored for top sales for the quarter were: Jateff, Rebecca Creel of Cape Girardeau, Lisa Bollinger of Jackson, Katie Eggimann of Advance, Mo., Amy Romack and Sarah Dodson of Cape Girardeau, and Tina Tidwell Ashby of Scott City. Performers and their spouses joined other Mary Kay achievers in the area for a dinner and night of recognition.
Auctioneers association elects local president
Claueda Barks of Barks Auction Service LLC in Jackson was elected president of Missouri Professional Auctioneers Association for 2006-2007. Barks is a graduate of the Nashville Auction School and CAGA Appraisal School. She has been an NAA member since 1995 and a presenter at past conferences. Bob and Claueda Barks own and operate the Barks Auction Service in the "old barn" at Center Junction between Jackson and Cape Girardeau.
Perryville rep qualifies as round table member
David Rudert of Perryville, Mo., a representative with the Prudential Insurance Co. of America's Greater St. Louis Agency, has qualified for membership in the Million Dollar Round Table. Membership is based on excellence in customer sales and service, and only a small percentage of life insurance and financial services professionals qualify for membership each year.
Edward Jones rep wins Partner's Award
Edward Jones investment rep Ken Pemberton of Cape Girardeau recently received the Partner's Award for his "outstanding sales and service efforts" over the past year, according to a news release from Edward Jones. Pemberton was one of only 412 of the firm's more than 9,000 investment representatives to receive the award. Pemberton has been serving the Cape Girardeau area since 2004.
-- From staff reports