- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
ALTENBURG, Mo. -- Wilbert W. Enke, 85, of Altenburg died Friday, June 30, 2006, at his home.
He was born July 19, 1920, in St. Louis, son of Walter and Lena Wachter Enke. He and Emma Kranawetter were married Jan. 19, 1947.
Enke was a retired truck driver for Schaefer Water Care. He was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Altenburg, AmVets Post 94, American Legion Post 133, a World War II veteran and Purple Heart recipient and past commander of VFW Post 4282.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Doris Fritsche of Perryville, Mo.; two sons, James Enke and Gerald Enke, both of Perryville; two brothers, Robert Enke of Columbus, Ga., Kelly Enke of Uniontown, Mo.; two sisters, Delphine Kasten, Dorothy Mueller, both of St. Louis; three grandchildren; two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call from 5 to 9 p.m. today at Young and Sons East Perry Chapel in Altenburg with a 7 p.m. VFW wake planned. Visitation continues from 6:30 to 8:30 a.m. Monday at Young and Sons.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at Trinity Lutheran Church in Altenburg, with the Rev. Steven Dressler officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery with military graveside service by VFW Post 4282.