- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
FARRAR, Mo. -- Earl H. Lorenz, 70, of Farrar died Friday, June 30, 2006, at Fountainbleau Lodge in Cape Girardeau.
He was born April 13, 1936, at Farrar, son of Herbert and Eugenia Burroughs Lorenz.
Lorenz was a retired postmaster and former owner/ operator of Farrar Store. He was a member of Salem Lutheran Church and its choir, Lutheran Laymen's League, Men's Club, and participated in the preschool and after-school care at Salem Lutheran School. He was a member of East Perry County Community Rodeo and Antique Tractor Club and past president of East Perry Fair Board.
Survivors include two sisters, Ruby Steffens and Nancy Mantz of Farrar; two brothers, Verlin Lorenz of Steelville, Ill., and Cheryl Lorenz of Farrar.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville from 4 to 9 p.m. Monday, and Tuesday from 6:30 to 8:30 a.m.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Salem Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Roger Abernathy officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.