Electrical fire

Thursday, June 29, 2006
(Don Frazier)

Cape Girardeau firefighters sprayed down the engine compartment of a burned-out 1996 Ford Mustang on Wednesday. At 1:20 p.m. the Cape Girardeau Fire Department responded to a call of a car fire at 918 Linden St. When firefighters arrived they found the Mustang and a Yukon on fire along with the single-car carport the vehicles were parked under. Investigation determined that the fire started in electrical wiring under the hood of the Yukon. Both cars and the carport were a total loss, and the vinyl siding on the back of the house melted. No injuries were reported.

Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: