- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
MURPHYSBORO, Ill. -- Charles Richard Pender, 74, of Murphysboro died Tuesday, June 27, 2006, at Lourdes Hospital in Paducah, Ky.
He was born Dec. 5, 1931, in Alto Pass, Ill., son of George and Edith Leggans Pender. He and Margaret Neighbors were married Feb. 1, 1954, in Alto Pass.
Pender was a member of Knoff Bend Pentecostal Church in Elkville, Ill., and Disabled American Veterans.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of the Korean War.
Survivors include his wife; five daughters, Arlene Reese, Tana Speener and Becky Silvey, all of Carbondale, Ill., Zina Pender of Murphysboro, Tara Reese of Carterville, Ill.; four brothers, Donald and George Pender of Indianapolis, Ind., Art Pender of Anna, Ill., Adrian Pender of Cobden, Ill.; two sisters, Helen Royer of Murphysboro, Jhan Miller of Anna; 15 grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a daughter, two sisters, two brothers and a granddaughter.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Alto Pass from 6 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Merle Macke officiating. Burial will be in Dutch Ridge Cemetery near Alto Pass, with full military honors by Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455 in Anna.