- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
NEW HAMBURG, Mo. -- Agatha Marietta Giese, 83, formerly of St. Louis, died Tuesday, May 23, 2006, in a hospital near Angier, N.C.
She was born June 11, 1923, at New Hamburg, daughter of Herman Joseph and Mary Amelia Schere Glueck. She and William "Bill" Giese were married in 1955.
Giese worked many years at St. Elizabeth Day Care until retiring. She was a member of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Arnold.
Survivors include a daughter, Mary Ann Lape of Angier; three grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and a friend, Loretta Gibson of St. Louis.
She was preceded in death by a granddaughter, three brothers and seven sisters.
The service was held June 5, 2006, at Heiligtag-Long-Fendler Funeral Home in Arnold. Burial was in Herculaneum, Mo.
Announcement courtesy of Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee, Mo.