- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
What will it take to end the wars?
To the editor
Soon we will be celebrating our nation's birth. Many lives were lost so that we could enjoy the freedoms that we have now. In the years that followed its birth our country went through many changes. We fought many other wars -- one to stop an economy based on servitude, two to stop aggression. And now one that no one knows the real reason for. What will it take to end the wars? And when will we get back the rights our forefathers founded this country on? What is it that the preamble says: We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal and they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, and among these rights are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Not money, oil and power.
SAM LADWIG, Cape Girardeau