- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)9
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
- Southeast Missouri State football players, local police team up for Backstoppers benefit (7/22/16)2
What will it take to end the wars?
To the editor
Soon we will be celebrating our nation's birth. Many lives were lost so that we could enjoy the freedoms that we have now. In the years that followed its birth our country went through many changes. We fought many other wars -- one to stop an economy based on servitude, two to stop aggression. And now one that no one knows the real reason for. What will it take to end the wars? And when will we get back the rights our forefathers founded this country on? What is it that the preamble says: We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal and they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, and among these rights are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Not money, oil and power.
SAM LADWIG, Cape Girardeau