- Dashcam video of Lowe's truck crash going viral (7/26/17)1
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- Wreck flips Lowe's truck in Cape (7/25/17)4
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Major Case Squad seeks woman in connection with homicide investigation (7/26/17)
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Cape homicide victim identified (7/21/17)
- Painted-rock hunts catch fire in Cape area (7/20/17)
Complaints are cheap; do something
To the editor
I would like to address the Speak Out caller who complained about McClure. McClure cleanup day was last Saturday. It is an annual event that has been held for a number of years and was originally organized by a few local families. A number of volunteers, including teenagers, gave up their Saturday for the cause. Was the caller there to help? Not available. How about making a donation to pay for the Dumpster? Cannot afford to.
How about volunteering to help a neighbor clean up their yard? Or take a trash bag, go for a walk and pick up trash as you go? Not physically able to. Compliment a neighbor on how nice their yard looks? Call the county health department to report trash that may be a health hazard? Confined to the house.
Call one of the volunteers, especially the teenagers, who worked last Saturday and thank them for their efforts? Do not know who the volunteers were. Call me and I will get you a list. Be part of the solution.
THERESA TAYLOR, McClure, Ill.