- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Complaints are cheap; do something
To the editor
I would like to address the Speak Out caller who complained about McClure. McClure cleanup day was last Saturday. It is an annual event that has been held for a number of years and was originally organized by a few local families. A number of volunteers, including teenagers, gave up their Saturday for the cause. Was the caller there to help? Not available. How about making a donation to pay for the Dumpster? Cannot afford to.
How about volunteering to help a neighbor clean up their yard? Or take a trash bag, go for a walk and pick up trash as you go? Not physically able to. Compliment a neighbor on how nice their yard looks? Call the county health department to report trash that may be a health hazard? Confined to the house.
Call one of the volunteers, especially the teenagers, who worked last Saturday and thank them for their efforts? Do not know who the volunteers were. Call me and I will get you a list. Be part of the solution.
THERESA TAYLOR, McClure, Ill.