- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Marine Corps League meets for annual state convention
Gathering sees election, installation of new members.
Members of the Corporal Mason O. Yarbrough Detachment No. 1081 of Cape Girardeau sponsored the Department of Missouri annual convention in June 2003 and the Midwest division fall conference in October 2005.
The group will sponsor the Department of Missouri annual convention in 2007.
Three members of this 5-year-old detachment have held state offices during the past three years, and one of them was elected department commandant for 2006 to 2007.
Richard Bollwerk, past commandant of detachment No. 1081, has served as department adjutant and senior vice commandant and was elected commandant of the department of Missouri during the meeting.
He was installed by Jerry Moorehead, commandant of the Midwest Division and relieved Lee Hollrah of the St. Charles detachment.
The department Marine Corps League Auxiliary also elected officers for 2006 to 2007 during the convention. Angie Bollwerk, serving as vice president of the department auxiliary, was elected president, relieving Jackie Hunter.