- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Red House Interpretive Center plans July events
* 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday -- The Sons of the American Revolution will display 27 period flags in front of the Red House. Representatives of the Bear Track Trading Post from Anna, Ill., will fire a brass, half-scale Napoleon cannon on the Red House grounds and demonstrating function, proper loading and firing. They will show how to make loads, different projectiles and explain the use of each projectile.
* 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Liberty fest -- The Red House will be open for tours at the aforementioned times.
* 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. July 8 -- The Cape Girardeau Public Library and Red House will hold historical family reading on the Red House Porch for 30 minutes each. Jane Stacey will read and autograph her book "Louis Lorimier." The Red House is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
* 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 15 -- Pam Duncan, co-founder of the River's Edge Pottery Guild, will demonstrate pottery making. Duncan is a juried member of the Best of Missouri Hands and instructor at Jars of Clay Pottery Studio. She will demonstrate on the hour from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
* 10 a.m. to noon, July 29 -- The Red House Kids Club meets at 10 a.m. to noon to learn about the fur trade with Leon Lefler on the porch of the Red House. Red House is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
-- From staff reports