- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Cape to test sirens today at Shawnee Sports Complex
Cape Girardeau will test its newest outdoor warning siren during a 9 a.m. ceremony today at Shawnee Park Sports Complex on Highway 74.
The siren is funded by a $10,000 donation from Bo Shantz representing State Farm Insurance Cos.
Funds from CAYSA Youth Soccer and MACO Management will also go toward the siren. This is the third siren purchased by an organization or corporation through the city's Adopt-A-Siren program.