- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Cape Senior Babe Ruth splits with Chaffee
The Cape Senior Babe Ruth split a road doubleheader with Chaffee on Sunday, winning the first game 8-0 and dropping the nightcap 4-2.
Garrett Stevens threw a two-hitter in the opener, striking out nine and walking one.
Cape (5-10) had 11 hits, including two apiece from Jacob Wengert, Trey Glaus and Luke Moll. Nathan Kolda had four RBIs.
Adam Thomas suffered the loss in the second game. He allowed seven hits, struck out four and did not walk a batter.
Tyler Bruce accounted for two of Cape's six hits.
Cape Junior Legion splits
The Cape Girardeau Junior Legion team split a doubleheader with visiting Mayfield, Ky., on Saturday, winning 3-2 and losing 7-2. Jake Valleroy was the winning pitcher in the opener. Joe Uhls drove in two runs.
--From staff reports