- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Ford & Sons loses to Ballwin in semis of Paducah tourney
The Cape Girardeau Ford & Sons American Legion baseball suffered a 4-0 loss on Sunday to Ballwin in the semifinals of the Paducah (Ky.) tournament.
Cape was eliminated with the loss, finishing the tournament with a 2-2 mark and falling to 13-13 overall.
Cape managed just three hits in the loss, with Lance Young, Chris Brotherton and Kirk Boeller each going 1-for-3.
Justin Meyers allowed just four hits in six innings but suffered the loss. He walked two and struck out one.
Ballwin scored a pair of runs in the third inning and tacked on two more in the fourth.
Ford & Sons returns to action tonight, when Dunklin County visits Capaha Field for a 6 p.m. doubleheader.