7:30 p.m. today
Power and light committee
* Consider a motion accepting the audit report for the year ending Dec. 31, 2005, as prepared by Beussink, Hey, Roe, Seabaugh and Stroder LLC, certified public accountants.
* Consider a motion approving change orders in the amounts of $14,250 and $36,150 to B & A Automation and Controls Inc. of Chillicothe, Mo., regarding the power plant generation upgrade project.
* Consider an ordinance accepting the dedication of sanitary sewer easement deeds from James and Ruby Schrader, and John and Faye Stinnett regarding the Ridgewoods Subdivision sanitary sewer district project.
* Consider an ordinance authorizing a contractual agreement with Strickland Engineering of Jackson in the amount of $6,000 regarding design services under the Jackson High School campus electric relocation project.
* Consider an ordinance authorizing contractual agreements with Greg Withers, Cletus Urhahn, Ruth Powers and Steven Jones regarding the electrical service under the East Main Street Extension Project, phase 1.
* Consider approving the closure of Forest Street between Olive and Walnut streets from 3 to 8 p.m. July 4 for a neighborhood block party as submitted by Agnes Sides.
* Consider a motion approving the closure of Lilac Lane between Redbud Street and Greenleaf Avenue from 5 to 11 p.m. July 4 for a neighborhood block party, as submitted by Linda Eakins.
* Consider a motion to set a public hearing for 7:30 p.m. Aug. 7 to consider the rezoning of 26.04 acres of property, known as the Jackson Soccer Park, from I-2 (heavy industrial) district to R-1 (single family residential) district, as submitted by the city of Jackson.
* Consider a motion to set a public hearing for 7:30 p.m. Aug. 7 to consider the rezoning of 22.53 acres of property, known as a portion of the future JIDC Subdivision, from R-1 (single family residential) district to I-2 (heavy industrial) district, as submitted by the Jackson Industrial Development Company.
* Consider a motion to set a public hearing for 7:30 p.m. Aug. 7 to consider a special-use permit request for a temporary mobile office facility, in a C-2 (general commercial) district, at 2999 E. Jackson Blvd., as submitted by Wood and Huston Bank.
* Consider support of the city's application to the Missouri Department of Transportation through the Traffic Engineering Assistance Program (TEAP) regarding the sidewalk inventory and condition study project.
* Consider accepting a voluntary annexation petition for 4.50 acres of property (known as part of Terrace Park Estates Subdivision), and setting a public hearing for 7:30 p.m. July 17, as submitted by Donkers Inc.
* Consider an ordinance accepting the dedication of a Hubble Creek improvement district easement Deed from the Reorganized School District R-II of Cape Girardeau County.
* Consider an ordinance authorizing a contractual agreement with Crawford, Bunte, Brammeier, of St. Louis, in the amount of $11,350, regarding the central business district traffic flow and parking review project under the Missouri Department of Transportation Engineering Assistance Program (TEAP.)
* Consider a bill proposing an ordinance authorizing a cost participation supplemental agreement with the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission regarding the East Main Street Interchange Project.