- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CAIRO, Ill. -- Sandow Myers, 79, of Cairo died Friday, June 23, 2006, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Aug. 10, 1926, in Cairo, son of Barney F. and LaVona Blackburn Myers.
Myers was a retired buyer for Elias True Value in Cairo. He was a member of the Church of the Redeemer Episcopal Church, where he served as bishops warden and was active with altar duty. He was a member of Cairo Chamber of Commerce and Cairo Retail Merchants Association.
He was a volunteer curator for Cairo Custom House Museum, and served on the board of directors of the Hastings Foundation.
Survivors include a sister, Carla Kobler of Cairo.
Friends may call at church of the Redeemer from 10 a.m. until time of service Monday.
Funeral Mass will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the church, with the Rev. Gene Tucker officiating. Burial will be in Beechwood Cemetery in Mounds, Ill.
Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo is in charge of arrangements.