- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Man charged in assault case released from custody
BENTON, Mo. -- One of three men accused of beating up a Scott City man was released from custody Friday.
Kelly Church, of Chaffee, Mo., was charged with first-degree robbery, first-degree assault and tampering with a witness in the March 4 attack.
He had been held in lieu of a $150,000 bond, but during an appearance in Scott County Court before Circuit Judge David Dolan, Church was released on personal recognizance.
Charged in the beating along with Church were David A. Turner, 21, and Trent Tancheck, 27, both of Scott City.
The victim, Gregg August, 44, said he was struck more than 100 times by the three men.
Turner was being held in lieu of a $100,000 bond, and Tancheck was released after securing his $25,000 bond.
All three defendants were scheduled to appear before Dolan for a hearing July 13.