- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Jean Tallent Swope, 81, of Columbia Falls., Mont., formerly of Marble Hill, died Saturday, June 10, 2006, at White Fish, Mont.
She was born Oct. 25, 1924, at Scopus, Mo., daughter of Robert H. and Tora Seabaugh Tallent. She and Eldon Evans were married; he died in 1955. She and James Swope were married April 27, 1957.
She owned a cafe near Rochelle, Ill., had worked in various restaurants and in home health care.
Survivors include her husband; four sons, Eldon "Sonny" Evans, Earl "Toby" Evans, Richard "Ricky" Evans, James "Jimmy" Swope, all of Flathead Valley, Mont.; two daughters, Stella "Tiny" Evans and Rol Swope, both of Flathead Valley; three brothers, Paul Tallent of Cape Girardeau, Francis Tallent of Manville, Ill., Jerry Lee Tallent of Thompsonville, Ill.; a sister, Pauline McMichael of Cape Girardeau; several grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two great-grandsons, several brothers and sisters.
Friends may call at noon Saturday at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Fred Ritter officiating.
Burial will be in Lessley Cemetery near Marble Hill.