- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
The weed ahead in motorsports
Late models, modifieds, hobby stocks, pure stocks, cruisers at Malden Speedway, 7:30 p.m.Saturday
Super pro, pro, ET classes at Sikeston Drag Strip, 6 p.m.
Sprints, modifieds, pure stocks, cruisers at Auto Tire and Parts NAPA Racepark, Benton, 7 p.m.
Modifieds, pure stocks, mini stocks, 600cc multis at Fredericktown Raceway, 7:30 p.m.
NASCAR WINSTON CUP
Race distance: 137.2 miles, 200 laps.Last year: Greg Biffle held off a late charge by Jason Keller over the final laps in the crash-filled Kroger 200 to win a battle between the top drivers in the series. It was Biffle's fourth Busch victory in 2002.
POWER STROKE DIESEL 200
GERMAN GRAND PRIX
FRAM AUTOLITE NATIONALS
Last event: John Force won his second straight Funny Car race at Pacific Raceways near Seattle, beating Whit Bazemore in the final for his 108th career victory. Larry Dixon claimed his seventh Top Fuel victory while Greg Anderson won Pro Stock.
INDY RACING LEAGUE
-- From staff, wire reports