- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Lillie Myrlee Stewart, 80, of Marble Hill died Tuesday, June 13, 2006, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born July 13, 1925, in Right, Tenn., daughter of Ezra and Lillie Asbell Bowen. She and William H. Stewart Sr. were married Dec. 15, 1944, in Blytheville, Ark.
Stewart lived in the Kankakee, Ill., area 38 years before moving to Marble Hill.
Survivors include her husband; three sons, William Stewart Jr. of Kankakee, Bruce and Robert Stewart of Memphis, Tenn.; five daughters, Iris Brutlag of New Burnside, Ill., Martha Sweeney of Marquand, Mo., Brenda Zur of Bradley, Ill., Delores Seedorf of Sarcoxie, Mo., Clara Campbell of Bourbonnais, Ill.; two brothers, Clyde Bowen of Memphis, John Bowen of Adairsville, Ga.; a sister, Terria Bowen of Poplar Bluff, Mo.; 26 grandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill from 10 a.m. to service time Saturday.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Steven Sander officiating.