- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CAIRO, Ill. -- Mary P. White, 95, of Cairo died Sunday, June 11, 2006, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born March 17, 1911, in Oak Grove, Ky., daughter of Louis and Martha Shugg Baggett. She married Forest White, who died in 1974.
White was a retired licensed practical nurse. She was a member of Tigert Memorial United Methodist Church.
Survivors include a son, Harold White of Lakewood, Colo.; a sister, Wanda Grabenhofer of Indianapolis, Ind.; two grandchildren; and a great-grandson.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo from 9 a.m. to service time Thursday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kelly Cox officiating. Burial will be in Tower Heights Cemetery in West Frankfort, Ill.