- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
FRIEDHEIM, Mo. -- Oscar E. Wibbenmeyer, 91, of Friedheim died Monday, June 12, 2006, at Perry County Nursing Home in Perryville, Mo.
He was born Feb. 3, 1915, at Biehle, Mo., son of B. Henry and Julia Buchheit Wibbenmeyer. He and Bertha Bohnert were married Aug. 26, 1940, at Apple Creek, Mo.
Wibbenmeyer was a farmer. He was a member of St. Maurus Catholic Church at Biehle and Western Catholic Union.
Survivors include his wife; six sons, Richard Wibbenmeyer of Arnold, Mo., James Wibbenmeyer of Imperial, Mo., Larry Wibbenmeyer of St. Louis, Michael Wibbenmeyer of Friedheim; Paul Wibbenmeyer of Fruitland, Mark Wibbenmeyer of Ennis, Texas; and a daughter, Dorothy Welker of St. Louis.
Also surviving are five brothers, Herbert Wibbenmeyer of St. Louis, Othmar Wibbenmeyer of Perryville, Mo., Rupert Wibbenmeyer of Fenton, Mo., Sandy Wibbenmeyer of Festus, Mo., Donald Wibbenmeyer of Florissant, Mo.; a sister, Sally Herigon of St. Thomas, Mo.; 17 grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by three brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville from 5 to 8 p.m. today, and Wednesday from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Parish prayers will be at 7 tonight. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Maurus Church, with the Rev. Tony Dattilo officiating. Burial will be in St. Maurus Church Cemetery.