- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ANNISTON, Mo. -- Vennie Marie McClendon, 89, of Anniston died Sunday, June 11, 2006, at the home of a daughter in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 6, 1916, in Broken Arrow, Okla., daughter of Emory C. and Captolia Jane Gilmore Switzer. She and Eura Thomas "Dick" McClendon were married March 24, 1934. He preceded her in death.
McClendon retired from Brown Shoe Co. in Charleston, Mo., and was a member of Dogwood United Methodist Church.
Survivors include a son, Harold McClendon of Bertrand, Mo.; three daughters, Eugenia Wetzel of Cape Girardeau, Shirma Laughlin of St. Louis, Mildred Becker of Houston, Texas; a sister, Alma Morgan of Sebring, Fla.; 15 grandchildren; and 20 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sons, three brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Shelby Funeral Home in East Prairie, Mo., after 6 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the chapel, with Stella Turner officiating. Burial will be in Odd Fellows Cemetery at Charleston.