- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Harbor Freight Tools store coming to Cape (3/29/17)5
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Cape school board rejects proposal to allow parochial-school students to play sports (3/28/17)69
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
Chavez funds terror with our money
To the editor:
From the desk of Steve Elliott, president, Grassfire.org: It is no secret that Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez hates George Bush and the United States. So much so, in fact, that he has pledged to use his substantial profits from Venezuelan-owned Citgo to fund rogue governments and terror groups that wish to do us harm. Chavez is a serious threat to our troops and our nation. To make matters worse, we are lining his pockets with money he is using to destroy us.
GERARD MACKE, Leopold, Mo.