- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
Chavez funds terror with our money
To the editor:
From the desk of Steve Elliott, president, Grassfire.org: It is no secret that Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez hates George Bush and the United States. So much so, in fact, that he has pledged to use his substantial profits from Venezuelan-owned Citgo to fund rogue governments and terror groups that wish to do us harm. Chavez is a serious threat to our troops and our nation. To make matters worse, we are lining his pockets with money he is using to destroy us.
GERARD MACKE, Leopold, Mo.