- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Mother charged after toddler falls out of moving car (7/29/16)3
- Seeking new history: Centurion Development buys former Woolworth building at 1 N. Main St. (7/28/16)5
- Police: Child's video revealed stepfather's abuse of sibling (7/28/16)3
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape to get small-market ride-sharing service carGO (7/29/16)11
- Food plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
Chavez funds terror with our money
To the editor:
From the desk of Steve Elliott, president, Grassfire.org: It is no secret that Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez hates George Bush and the United States. So much so, in fact, that he has pledged to use his substantial profits from Venezuelan-owned Citgo to fund rogue governments and terror groups that wish to do us harm. Chavez is a serious threat to our troops and our nation. To make matters worse, we are lining his pockets with money he is using to destroy us.
GERARD MACKE, Leopold, Mo.