- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)10
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Young author gave up TV at age 7 to pursue writing, and has recently finished his third novel (1/20/18)
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
- Cinderella shines in debut at Bedell (1/20/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Chronic wasting disease found in 2 Southeast Missouri deer; whether disease transferable to humans unknown (1/18/18)
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
Chavez funds terror with our money
To the editor:
From the desk of Steve Elliott, president, Grassfire.org: It is no secret that Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez hates George Bush and the United States. So much so, in fact, that he has pledged to use his substantial profits from Venezuelan-owned Citgo to fund rogue governments and terror groups that wish to do us harm. Chavez is a serious threat to our troops and our nation. To make matters worse, we are lining his pockets with money he is using to destroy us.
GERARD MACKE, Leopold, Mo.