- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
Cape teachers received raises, too
To the editor:
I rarely read Speak Out because I know most of the people spouting off do not have all the facts relating to what they are complaining about. But I do like to know what residents of the city are upset about when they don't know both sides of the story.
Most recently, Speak Out comments have been disgruntled with the fact that Cape Girardeau School District administrators received raises (published in the Southeast Missourian). Of course, some citizens were outraged by this, but there was one important part that the Missourian failed to mention and the citizens failed to find out on their own: Yes, the teachers got a raise, too.
ERIN HERBST, Cape Girardeau