- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)30
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)8
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
Cape teachers received raises, too
To the editor:
I rarely read Speak Out because I know most of the people spouting off do not have all the facts relating to what they are complaining about. But I do like to know what residents of the city are upset about when they don't know both sides of the story.
Most recently, Speak Out comments have been disgruntled with the fact that Cape Girardeau School District administrators received raises (published in the Southeast Missourian). Of course, some citizens were outraged by this, but there was one important part that the Missourian failed to mention and the citizens failed to find out on their own: Yes, the teachers got a raise, too.
ERIN HERBST, Cape Girardeau