- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Central High School names top students
Over the next several weeks, the Southeast Missourian will feature profiles on the 2006 valedictorians and salutatorians from local high schools.
Catherine E. Moreton, valedictorian
Parents: John and Nancy Moreton
Involved in: School plays and musicians, International Thespian Society, dance team, student senate, chamber choir, National Honor Society.
Post-high school plans: Attending Washington University in St. Louis to study English, drama and education.
Greatest high school achievement: Learning to let go and appreciate the friends and memories I've made here.
Favorite Quote: "That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet." -- Emily Dickinson.
Lisa Langenfeld, salutatorian
Parents: Mark and Kathy Langenfeld
Involved in: Marching band, track, The Literate, National Honor Society, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, French club.
Post-high school plans: Attend Truman State University, majoring in chemistry with a minor in French.
Greatest high school achievement: Fulfilling a long-held dream of skydiving on my 18th birthday.
Favorite Quote: "For once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." -- Leonardo da Vinci.