- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Teenager cited into juvenile court
A 14-year-old boy was cited into juvenile court last week for allegedly molesting a 4-year-old relative in Cape Girardeau.
The younger child's mother reported to police on June 6 she heard from an anonymous source that her daughter was possibly molested the day before, police spokesman Jason Selzer said.
The girl was examined and found to have bruises and bite marks on her chest. Officials also learned she was molested, and the acts were carried out by a 14-year-old relative in the victim's home on the north-central side of the city, according to Selzer. The boy was arrested Thursday and cited into juvenile court for child molestation, he said.