- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Matthews married 54 years
Mr. and Mrs. Jack P. Matthews of Tucson, Ariz., celebrated their 54th wedding anniversary May 17, 2006. Both are natives of Cape Girardeau.
Matthews and Gloria June Green were married May 17, 1952, in Cape Girardeau, by the Rev. Willis. Their attendants were Barbara Green and Richard Barks.
The couple has two children, Shelley (Dr. Noel) Addy of Starkville, Miss., and David (Debra) Matthews of Tucson.
The Matthews have six grandchildren, Noel III and Matthew Matthews of Starkville, Leslie (Howard) Morgan of Folsom, Calif., Toni (Chris) Lyon, Monica (Jason) Humphry, and June (Alex) Gutierrez, all of Tucson. They also have seven great-grandchildren, Lauren Morgan; Julie Lyon; Kaylyn, Jordan and David Humphry, and Alex and Haylee Gutierrez.