- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
John and Julia Kirk of Benton, Mo., announce the engagement of their daughter, Liegha Alexis Kirk, to Jade Rohlfing, both of Cape Girardeau. He is the son of Robert Rohlfing of Centralia, Ill., and Linda Clover of Jonesboro, Ill.
Kirk is a 1995 graduate of Thomas W. Kelly High School, and received a bachelor of science degree in social work from Southeast Missouri State University in 1999. She is a substance abuse counselor at Family Counseling Center in Cape Girardeau.
Rohlfing is a 1988 graduate of Carbondale Central High School. He is a youth specialist/substance abuse counselor with the state of Missouri Division of Youth Services.
A July 8 wedding is planned at First Baptist Church in Chaffee, Mo.