- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Melissa Ann Reitzel and Kirk Charles Miller were married March 25, 2006, at First Baptist Church in Delta. Eric Hodge and the Rev. Ann Mowery performed the ceremony. Pianist was Susan Hatley of Cape Girardeau, and soloist was Lisa Reitzel of Whitewater, sister-in-law of the bride.
James and Barbara Reitzel of Whitewater are parents of the bride. The groom is the son of Kathryn Miller of Jackson, and the late Kenneth Miller.
Matron of honor was Lisa Reitzel. Bridesmaids were Stephanie Rhodes of Burfordville, cousin of the bride; Kristin Miller of Jackson, sister of the groom; and Sharon Beam of Covington, Ga.
Shawn Neumeyer of Cape Girardeau was best man. Groomsmen were Mark Reitzel of Whitewater, brother of the bride; Geoff Shinn of Gordonville, and Joel Sander of Burfordville. Junior groomsman was Jonathan Deneke, son of James and Debbie Deneke of Gordonville and cousin of the groom. Ushers were Jeff Peters of Burfordville and Todd Peters of Marble Hill, Mo., cousins of the bride, and Larry Scheffer of Gordonville, cousin of the groom.
Candlelighters were Jeff and Todd Peters.
Flower girl was Lydia Reitzel, daughter of Mark and Lisa Reitzel and niece of the bride.
Julie Deneke of Gordonville, cousin of the groom, attended the guest book.
The reception was held in the church fellowship hall. Servers were Doris Peters of Burfordville, Marcella Peters of Marble Hill, Diana Deneke of Whitewater, Barbara Miller of Cape Girardeau, Eileen Miller of Jackson, Debbie Deneke and Shirlene Deneke of Gordonville, and Freida Bitterman of Advance, Mo., aunts of the couple.
The groom's family hosted the rehearsal dinner March 24 at Zion United Methodist Church in Gordonville.
Mrs. Miller is a 1992 graduate of Delta High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in nursing from Southeast Missouri State University in 1998. She is a registered nurse at Kies Eye Center in Cape Girardeau.
The groom is a 1993 graduate of Jackson High School. He received a bachelor of science degree in industrial technology from Southeast in 1998. He is a quality engineer with TG Missouri Corp. in Perryville, Mo.
After a wedding trip to Nashville and Gatlinburg, Tenn., the couple resides in Cape Girardeau.